Bathroom Product Recommendations
MADE SAFE® Certified Products:
Alaffia for baby bubble bath and shampoo/body wash
MamaEarth for lotion, massage oil and baby shampoo
Neal’s Yard Remedies for baby oil and personal care
Oilogic for essential oil roll-ons
Pleni Naturals for baby personal care
Recommended Products, not MADE SAFE Certified:
EO Products – essential oils
Poppits – individual toothpaste pods
- Look for soaps scented with essential oils, and avoid any “antibacterial” soap.
- Use products with minimal ingredients and ingredients you recognize.
- Read ingredient lists. Avoid any product containing formaldehyde, a preservation agent found in infant and child personal care products like shampoos, liquid baby soaps, and baby lotion (it isn’t always listed on the label by that name). Avoid the following known formaldehyde-releasing chemical ingredients:
- DMDM hydantoin
- Imidazolidinyl urea
- Diazolidinyl urea
- Sodium hydroxymethylglycinate
- 2-bromo-2-nitropropane-1,3 diol (Bronopol)
- Use personal care products with ingredients that you are familiar with and not long chemical compounds. Also look for third-party certifications to be sure the items are made with better ingredients.
- Do not use any vinyl/PVC products. Switch to cloth shower curtains; vinyl off-gases chemicals forever.
- Baby skin is naturally soft so you can forego moisturizers for the most part.
Pregnant Women & Moms
Plastic & Waste
Women’s & Children’s Health
Chemicals in Plastic
Other Toxic Chemicals in Baby Products
Make a Difference