Screening Operations Manager
The Screening Operations Manager will report to the Director of Science & Research, but work with the entire Science & Research team, performing and assisting with a wide array of administrative objectives. This team member will provide support to ensure efficient and successful operation of MADE SAFE and Nontoxic Certified programs.
The Screening Operations Manager will serve as the initial point of contact for clients beginning certification or screening, manage communication with clients as needed, prepare screening and certification paperwork, and keep detailed records of various client management endpoints. This team member will be responsible for time-sensitive and confidential information.
The ideal candidate will be a highly-motivated, extremely organized, quick-learning individual who is an excellent communicator, both in verbal and written formats. Necessary skills for this role include immaculate attention to detail, the ability to make decisions and problem-solve independently, strong planning and prioritization savvy, and capacity to learn new technology for managing information within the team.
This person must be able to take direction and feedback, deliver and report on tasks and deadlines, as well as execute the objectives of the Science & Research team and the larger organization. The right candidate will be comfortable with evolving and shifting duties.
- Prepare communications, such as Science & Research memos, emails, and reports
- Process submission paperwork, teeing it up for members of the Science & Research team to begin screening
- Generate and manage certification documents
- Attend virtual Science & Research team meetings and do follow up
- Manage and execute follow up with clients and team members
- Log and manage communications and actions in task management software
- Call and email ingredient and material manufacturers for information, as needed
- Field inquiries about MADE SAFE and Transformation Partners from clients
- Maintain files and databases in a confidential manner
- Update, create, and edit communication documents and decks, as needed
- Communicate with internal team members outside of the Research and Science Team to update on brand progress and determinations
- Perform annual brand compliance process
- Manage calendars to schedule appointments
- Perform ad hoc needs across multiple functions
The ideal candidate has the following qualifications:
- Excellent communications skills, in both verbal and written formats
- Ability to see the bigger picture while also being attentive to details
- Ability to take direction, but take ownership of tasks
- Good proofreading and editing skills
- Ability to successfully work independently and track time spent on projects
- Willingness and ability to work cross-functionally
- Proficiency in MS Office and Google Workspace; willingness to learn task management software
- Desire to work with a dynamic startup that’s helping to change the world for the healthier
This position is 15-20 hours/week under the supervision of the Director of Science & Research. This is a virtual position, but access to team associates is preferable. Team members are based in NY, Virginia, and Wisconsin. Pay is $16-$20 an hour, based on experience.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter, resume, three references, and any related support materials including compensation requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants are reviewed on a rolling basis; the position is open until the role is filled.
Nontoxic Certified / MADE SAFE is an “at-will” and equal opportunity employer. We consider all applicants for positions without regard to race, religion, color, creed, class, gender, orientation, national origin, family status, age, disability, marital status, ancestry, veteran status, or sexual orientation. We respect different experiences and cultures and celebrate the diversity each member of the team brings. Across this diversity, we work to create a supportive culture in which all people feel recognized and are able to make their best contributions to the mission of our organization.
All posted roles / jobs are for “consultants” where compensation is commensurate with experience. All consultants are expected to work the time necessary to fulfill the role and deliver / complete key projects and ongoing assignments as scheduled.
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR A POSITION:
Please send cover letter, resume, any related support materials including, compensation requirements, and three references to email@example.com.
Applicants are reviewed on a rolling basis; positions will be removed from this page when filled.